Lenovo stops the release of smartphones under the brand Motorola

The Chinese manufacturer Lenovo smartphone combines their devices under a single brand Lenovo a moto and stops the release of devices under other names. About itwrite “Vedomosti” referring to the executive director of Lenovo’s mobile division in the Eastern Europe Alexey Klochkova.
New smartphones under the brand Lenovo moto will be presented on February 26, said pieces.

Lenovo in 2014 bought Motorola Mobility for $ 2.91 billion by Google. According to the company, the combined producer ranked fourth on deliveries of smart phones in the world market (excluding China).

In Russia in the last year the share of Lenovo was more than 8% in the number excluding Motorola devices sold, which corresponds to the third indicator, the market (ahead – Samsung with a share of 21.6% and Apple with 11.1%). According to a partner company of several cellular retailers, at the end of 2016 the share of smartphones under the brand Motorola in Russia took a little over 0.3%.

President Mildberry branding agency Oleg Beriev told the publication that the creation of a single brand moto for Lenovo smartphones can be explained by a desire to “blur the Chinese roots” and to show itself as an international company.

President of “Euroset” Alexander Malis, in a conversation with “Vedomosti” has suggested that use of the brand Lenovo moto can bring additional sales and customer loyalty. In other retailers believe that the emergence of smartphones under the brand Lenovo moto instead of Motorola devices will not affect the company’s sales of the device, as more buyers will be interested in is not the name, and the phone functionality, and cost.

Advertisements

​Google Android 7 Nougat update is finally rolling out to Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge owners.

Google Android 7 Nougat update is finally rolling out to Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge owners. There are some major appearance changes and improvements in performance.
While Samsung has done a fantastic job over the last year in getting monthly Android security updates to its devices, I’ve always told folks the best way to get the next major version of Android on a Samsung device was to simply purchase the newest device. It’s just about time for the Galaxy S8 to launch so that means the S7 is getting the latest software now.

In January, Samsung announced the Android 7 Nougat update would be coming soon to the Galaxy S7 and last night the update hit the T-Mobile S7 in my hand. Unlike the Apple iPhone or Google Pixel, most major Android version updates roll out over an extended period of time after carrier testing and release. If you want timely updates on Android, buy a Pixel.

​We May Not See Wireless Charging On The iPhone 8!


There have been a ton of rumours about the iPhone 8. The previous rumour, from Japanese Blog Macotakara had said that the iPhone 8 would be the only iPhone to receive wireless charging in 2017. The report also stressed that a separate adapter had to be purchased to charge the iPhone 8 without wires.

Sur mentions that the iPhone 8 will adopt a glass back, as has been by numerous reports. The expected glass back of the iPhone 8 reportedly reduces interference versus the metal back design. Furthermore, Apple is reportedly working on “proprietary features” including things such as fast charging and extended charging.

However Sur noted that there’s still a possibility that wireless charging won’t be included in the iPhone 8 due to increased concern about safety following the Galaxy Note 7’s Saga.

Youtube will stop 30 second unSkippable Ads in the videos


YouTube as we all know is a place where viewers benefit by seeing great content and the creators also make money through YouTube. YouTube encourages creators to produce and upload as much content as possible by paying  money to creators as part of their Google Adsense program.
YouTube lets viewers watch all their videos for free but it places Ads in the videos so that it can benefit from the viewership and make money. YouTube then pays the creator of the videos by the rate at which the videos are viewed by deducting its share as part of its AdSense program.

From 2018,YouTube will kill 30 second unskippable Ads in the beginning of YouTube videos but it will make shorter formats unskippable.

This Ads are generally in the format of 10-12 second skippable Ads, 20-second skippable Ads or 30-second unskippable Ads .Last year ,Google introduced one new format of 6-sec unskippable Ads which they call “Bumper” Ads. This Ads are unskippable but as they are only 6-sec long,the viewer as well as the creator would benefit from thsi format of Ads.

YouTube is also facing a threat from platforms like Facebook,Netflix etc which provide video streaming without Ads.Although Netflix has some subscription charges but it has stuck to its idea of providing an ad-free experience on its platform.

YouTube has studied that their users don’t like “30-second unskippable Ads” so they are now planning to kill this 30-second unskippable ad format. Instead ,YouTube will focus on making their 20-second Ads as well as their 10-12 second ad formats unskippable so that both the viewers as well as creators get the desired benefits.One notable thing here is that YouTube has not spoken about the 30-second Ads that come in between the lengthy YouTube videos but that’s for some another day.

In an official statement, Google explained that its aim is to provide a better advertising experience for online users. “As part of that, we’ve decided to stop supporting 30-second unskippable Ads as of 2018 and focus instead on formats that work well for both users and advertisers” said a Google spokesman.

This move by YouTube makes sense seeing the displeasure among its fans with the lengthy 30-second ad format and instead focusing on the viewer-friendly shorter formats. Also,Google has launched the YouTube RED program in selected countries including U.S and Canada which offers zero Ads at a monthly subscription to the program.

​Google I/O 2017 registration process begins from February 22

Back in January (January 24 to be precise) Google “sort of” released the date and venue of this year’s Google I/O event, although in the form of a puzzle on Google Developer’s Page at Google+. On February 15, Google Developers page tweeted that the registration process for Google I/O starts from February 22nd.
The registration for this year’s Google I/O starts from February 22:10 am PST and ends at February 27:05 pm PST . This registrations are based on a random draw where anyone can apply and if luck is on your side, then you can also attend this prestigious event.

Google doesn’t give priority to developers neither do they allow only developers to attend this event but almost anyone can attend this event.